Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cape Capricornia... Coming down from mountains and learning to swim (Cancer North node)

My heart is in the home of Cape Capricornia
Our days were about striving, the climb
A land full of the greatest mountains
Full of rocks and treasures and heights
We'd work, we'd do, we'd take action
Yet every so often we'd step on the stones
Which made us slip back to a place
We'd been only just before
Yes we'd get frustrated
But anger was not our aim
So I learnt to overcome my very senses
As my strength lied in knowing things soon would change

Structuring a steady paced climb at the very least
Trying and doing what I thought was right
All of our group had our own peaks to reach
Using the moral compass always kept the track in sight
I loved the challenge, the obstacles, the planning
It gave me a sense of purpose each day
To abide by what our pact of rules and base
That kept us all satisfied and free from dismay

Commitment, dedication and focus
Food to my very soul
For without discerning a reason for attaining
I sway much too much to and fro

However I write this from a place
So far from my heart and country of what I know
That understanding this new challenge
Has me confused and it shows
My mind lost its steadiness
So now I have to feel
My senses that elude me
How do I know which way to go

The ocean is by each my sides
I cannot describe what I see
But there is no mountains anymore
No rocks, no obstacles, not a single tree
No treasure maps, no other people here I know
No plans, no rules, no lure
Being caught in the vastness of this place
Has me never more before this unsure

My base, my certainty has dissolved
I think its time I learnt to swim...

No comments:

Post a Comment